Sunday, April 2, 2017

Book Review | The Celery Stalks at Midnight by James Howe


3 STARS ★ ★ ★



The Celery Stalks at Midnight is book #3 out of 7 books in the book series: Bunnicula by James Howe.

Bunnicula is back in the 3rd installment of the series with The Celery Stalks at Midnight...

     But not for long Bunnicula has somehow managed to escape out of his cage and with Chester and his imaginative thoughts he thinks that Bunnicula is out roaming through the neighborhood to find more victims to build an army of vampire vegetables.

Now Harold, Chester, and Howie are out on a mission to locate Bunnicula and rescue the town from any further troubles.

  Another short adventure from the Bunnicula gang. I liked Howie as a new addition to the series! I thought that it is funny how Howie refers to Chester the cat as pop and the overall friendship between the three of the Monroe pets.

I thought the writing was paced good and James Howe has funny dialogue, story, and plot.

I liked the whole Edgar Allen Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" parody skit by Chester, he's a hoot!

I wished the book was a bit longer, it seemed too short with not much plot, maybe if it was longer it
would've had more "meat to it" as they say.

Despite the few cons I'll still be continuing with the series.

Follow me on all my social medias below:

No comments:

Post a Comment