Monday, April 3, 2017

Book Review | Nighty-Nightmare by James Howe



3.5 STARS ★ ★ ★ (½)



Night-Nightmare is book #4 out of 7 books in the book series: Bunnicula by James Howe.

The Monroe family and pets (Howie, Harold, and Chester) are back and this time with a mysterious adventure occuring after going on a family retreat at Boggy Lake.

  Harold, Chester, and Howie tag along with them after Mr. Monroe comes up with the idea to go camping outside opposed to staying in their room.

Chester however is hesitant reminding Howie and Harold that it is the eve of Saint George's Day the night where monsters and spirits come out. Harold tries to dismiss Chesters claim as over imaginative like he usually is until later that night where they come across a group of mysterious individuals that seem out to the Monroe family harm.

     Finally Howe gives a more creepy story and even for a children's book I think it worked!

I thought that Howe gives the right amount of creepiness to still be enjoyable for the younger targeted audience but enough for older people to like as well. The plot was good and was an interesting read.

Between the Dracula references and Howie's oh so cheesy puns it kept me wanting to keep reading and not put down.

No technically Bunnicula wasn't physically in the story but by now I've came to the conclusion that Bunnicula isn't really the end all to continue the series.. I think that Harold, Chester, and Howie's relationships and personalities are enough where Bunnicula can pop up from to time to time or not and I'd be content either way.

I don't really have any complaints for this book I thought it gave us a bit of everything I think the series needs and I hope Howe keeps up the series this way :)

I also liked the overall message that the story tells,

Don't necessarily judge someone by their appearance.


Follow me on all my social medias below:


No comments:

Post a Comment