Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Book Review | Return to Howliday Inn by James Howe


3.5 STARS ★ ★ ★ (½)



Return to Howliday Inn is book #5 out of 7 books in the book series: Bunnicula by James Howe.

  Harold, Chester and Howie return with another unwanted adventure as the Monroe family are once again leaving the pets at Chateau Bow-Wow.

Howie having been born there is rather excited to visit but for Chester he feels hesitant after remember his and Harolds last experience.

Once there they notice many differences including an array of new animals such as a sneaky weasel, troubled cats, a parrot named Ditto and more new exotic characters.


     Another little fun adventure with a bunch of characters with unique personalities. James Howe has "character dumped" in book #2 Howliday Inn but he makes them fun that it doesn't feel like a chore to keep up with which character is which and done what.

I thought that the book had a spooky feels at times which is always a plus. The Monroe pets was full of funny puns and dialog as always.

I'm also noticing a pattern since starting the series and that is when the books in the series are a bit longer I seem to enjoy them better, I think it has more plot as I've mentioned in prior reviews.

Bunnicula wasn't present in this book which is fine since Bunnicula doesn't talk he'd be pretty dull. I am enjoying this short series, it's just a fun light read!

Follow me on all my social medias below:

No comments:

Post a Comment